Nutrition and diet in stroke
As you know, nutrition plays a vital role in his life, because we are what we eat. Healthy and proper food will help to stay in good shape to live a long life without illnesses, and junk food will only increase the risk of various diseases, primarily cardiovascular (atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease,
The risk of stroke depends on the nature of power
Among known risk factors for brain stem stroke one of their core positions is the nature of human nutrition. To increased risk of stroke leads the food enriched with animal fats and cholesterol, and simple carbohydrates. That is, those products that contribute to overweight and obesity (violation of lipid metabolism in the body) and development of atherosclerosis.
As you know, atherosclerosis is a systemic process and affects all blood vessels in the body, including blood vessels of the brain. The formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the walls of cerebral vessels and is a morphological basis for the development of
The principle of medical nutrition No. 1: reduction of cholesterol in the blood
As already mentioned, the cause of the stroke acts
The principle of medical nutrition No. 2: reduced calorie diet
This principle of power is aimed at the elimination of obesity, which existed before the stroke and has played a significant role in its development, and to prevent the accumulation of extra pounds after a stroke, because in this case the person usually begins a little move due to various neurological disorders.
To limit daily caloric diet in the first place need to give up simple carbohydrates and fats. And that sweets, sweet pastries, white bread, pastries, cakes, pancakes, fried dishes, seasoned mayonnaise and other sauces.
Sweets should be replaced with dried fruit and nuts, bread to eat from the flour, this also applies to pasta. About once a week to arrange fasting days – kefir, Apple, juice, cheese and others.
To accurately navigate in the calories eaten, you can use special programs “calorie counters” that allow with high accuracy to calculate your daily calorie consumption with regard to age, sex, weight, nature of the activity.
The principle of therapeutic nutrition n ° 3: BP control
Not controlled hypertension is the direct cause of brain stem stroke. Because retention
Products-assistants in stroke
Nutrition and diet in stroke needs to follow the patient throughout later life and become not just a diet, but a way of life.
The products that are useful in patients withstroke:
- lean meat (rabbit, beef, chicken, Turkey);
- fish, especially sea (salmon, sardines, tuna) and other seafood in fresh or frozen form;
- vegetable oils, especially olive;
- fruits and vegetables rich in fiber;
- broccoli, asparagus, green beans, salad vegetables, cabbage, beets, spinach;
- berries (blueberries, cranberries);
- porridge and cereals;
- low-fat dairy;
- dried fruits
- oranges, grapes, apples, cherries.
On the basis of these food and medicinal herbs, which reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, developed a lot of traditional medicine for
What use is strictly prohibited?
A list of products that are banned in stroke:
- the food enriched with animal fats (butter, lard, fatty meat, offal, egg yolk, heavy cream, cream, etc.);
- products with a high content of simple carbohydrates (sweet baked goods, sweets, candy, cakes, pancakes, etc.);
- salt (the quantity needs to limit to 3-5 grams per day);
- spicy foods and condiments;
- pickles, marinades;
- a variety of snacks (chips, crackers, dried fish);
- smoked and canned goods;
- coffee, strong tea, carbonated beverages.
It is imperative to refuse any alcoholic beverages. The only thing is natural wine, but in small quantities.
Each patient had a stroke, you need to remember a few useful tips that will allow you to quickly recover from disease and never get sick:
- Consume a sufficient amount of free fluid, if there are no contraindications (heart, renal failure). Better to drink clean and sparkling water. Forbidden coffee, soda and strong tea.
- Eliminate from the diet salt.
- Increase the amount of food fortified with micronutrients, potassium and magnesium.
- Refrain from foods that contain a lot of cholesterol.
- Eat more fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs.
- Increase the consumption of omega-3 polyunsaturated fats.
Video transmission about nutrition in cardiovascular diseases:
Making a conclusion we can say that diet in stroke is aimed at the normalization of body weight, reduced blood cholesterol and the provision of vital organs with necessary microelements and other substances.