Stroke prevention: what can you do to protect yourself
Everyone knows about the terrible and catastrophic consequences of a stroke: high mortality, permanent disability, complete paralysis and inability to walk, speech problems, and the like. Stroke, regardless of type, hemorrhagic or
Types of prevention
In medicine there are three main types of stroke prevention events:
- Primary prevention is measures of medical nature, as well as other measures to prevent the development of diseases, eliminate the impact of stroke risk factors on the body. That is the actions of prevention that we carry before the onset of the stroke.
- Secondary prevention is a complex of actions, including the medical, the purpose of which is to prevent the re-destruction of the brain of a person who has already experienced a vascular catastrophe. Some believe that after the first stroke prevention is not necessary, because the worst has already happened. But it is fundamentally wrong opinion because each subsequent heavier than the previous stroke, and the probability of its occurrence is much higher in these patients, if not to engage in secondary prevention.
- Tertiary prevention is all doctors, some believe part of it is secondary. Her task is to restore patients who have already lost some body functions due to a stroke, that is
Known risk factors
Almost all of stroke prevention is based on identifying and addressing known and significant risk factors vascular accident of the brain. All of these factors can be divided into supervised and unsupervised.
Controlled risk circumstances
It is the circumstances that we can influence medication, other conservative methods of treatment, the change of life image and behavioral reactions. These include:
- Uncontrolled hypertension. The risk of infarction and hemorrhage in patients with pressure up to 165/100 mm Hg. article doubled, and people with numbers over 190/110 mm Hg. article – ten times more often a stroke.
- Smoking accelerates atherosclerotic changes in vessels and increases the number of strokes among lovers of cigarettes doubled, and regardless of the number of cigarettes a day. Four years after people quit Smoking, this risk is aligned with people who do not smoke, because quitting Smoking is never too late.
- The abuse of alcohol. There are many clinical studies which proved that moderate alcohol consumption, on the contrary, reduces the number of cardiac and vascular events. This is true, but in this case, the amount of alcohol consumed should not exceed the glassof red wine a day. Alcohol abuse increases the risk of stroke three times.
- Atrial fibrillation and other cardiac pathology this conclusion was. The risk in such patients is increased four times, which requires constant medication for the prevention of embolism of cerebral vessels.
- Factors of unhealthy lifestyle – overweight, lack of exercise, living in chronic stress, unhealthy diet. These circumstances indirectly affect the development of stroke as increase the number of atherosclerotic lesions of blood vessels, hypertension and diabetes.
- Hypercholesterolemia – increased concentration of atherogenic cholesterol in the blood.
- Diabetes. People with such diagnosis often suffer from impaired lipid metabolism, atherosclerotic process, hypertension disease, which significantly increases the chance of stroke.
- Migrated history of TIA and stroke. This increases the risk of recurrence by 10 times.
- The constant use of women's oral contraceptives. Especially dangerous is this factor in combination with tobacco Smoking and high blood pressure.
You must remember that all controlled risk of stroke circumstances be corrected by drug therapy and lifestyle changes.
Uncontrollable risk factors
It is those circumstances that increase the risk of stroke, but people can not affect them. These include:
- Age. Followed lived a dozen years after 55 the risk of stroke is increased 2 times.
- Paul. In men the likelihood of developing stroke brain damage is slightly higher than females, but the mortality from this disease prevails in women.
- Genetic propensity. People in the family who already had reported cases of stroke have a greater chance of getting sick.
Drug prevention was important, but it should not be the only one. Mandatory medication must be combined with other preventive measures.
Medical prevention of stroke includes:
- medicinal correction of cholesterol in the blood;
- maintaining normal values
Other conservative events stroke prevention
Non-pharmacological methods of stroke prevention is no less important than drug therapy, and in some cases allow to refuse from regular use, not at all harmless drugs.
This is a mandatory component of stroke prevention.
Traditional recipes stroke prevention
Traditional medicine can alsoto offer several proven and effective methods of prevention, both primary and secondary stroke in the brain.
Pine cones from a stroke
For this recipe use young pine cones, which are rich in various vitamins, minerals and tannins. It is the action of the latter substances has been studied even in clinical trials. And it has been shown that tannins promote the regeneration of brain cells after a stroke, as well as increase their resistance to hypoxia, which is the prevention of stroke.
For the preparation of medicinal tinctures made from pine cones you will need:
- 5 pine cones that are disrupted in the period from June to September;
- 1 Cup 70% rubbing alcohol.
Video about the treatment and prevention of stroke with pine cones:
Cones need to cut and pour the alcohol. To insist in a dark place for 2 weeks. You need to take medicine on a teaspoon in the morning after Breakfast. These courses can be done every six months.
There are many popular recipes for stroke prevention, but we must remember that before applying one or another folk recipe, you should consult about the advisability of such treatment with your doctor. Indeed, despite the fact that all the components of the recipes are natural, they have their own contraindications and side effects.