Vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD) of hypertensive type: symptoms, causes, treatment
Vegetative-vascular dystonia is a functional and sophisticated polietiologic disorder that is characterized by dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system with predominance of sympathetic or parasympathetic functions of its departments. The disease is characterized by a large number of pathological symptoms due to functional disorders of internal organs and the violation of vascular tone.
The reasons for the development of VSD
As already mentioned, the IRR is a polietiologic disorder, the exact causes of which today is not known. I believe that such a functional disease develops in genetically prone people with unstable type of nervous system after exposure to any precipitating factor.
Factors that can trigger the VSD:
- bad habits (excessive drinking, Smoking);
- violation of the regime of a balanced diet;
- severe physical and intellectual activity;
- lack of exercise;
- chronic stress;
- acute infectious diseases;
- hormonal disorders;
- endocrine pathology;
- harmful working conditions;
- brain injury in the past.
Search of risk factors in each patient is of great importance as, by removing them, you can quickly achieve the normalization of the autonomic nervous system, of healing and the prevention of recurrent cases.
Symptoms of VSD on hypertonic type
The signs of VSD on hypertonic type often reminiscent of the beginning of hypertension, when the pressure is increased slightly, and no distinct lesions of target organs (as in the first stage of hypertension).
Increases, systolic blood pressure to 140-150 mm Hg. article and no more. But the overall health of the patient does not correspond to objective data. That is, in the absence of organic changes in organs and systems according to additional research the patient shows a lot of complaints.
The signs of VSD on hypertonic type:
- periodic increase in blood pressure to low, which independently normalizerbase after resting (to take the medicine;
- headache and dizziness when raising HELL;
- the feeling of inner anxiety, increased nervousness and excitability of a person;
- emotional lability;
- violation of appetite and sleep, irritability;
- frequent pain in the heart area, can meet palpitations, irregular;
- shortness of breath, dissatisfaction with the depth of his breath;
- excessive sweating, especially of hands and feet;
- the deterioration of mental abilities (memory, concentration andetc.);
- not localized pain in the abdomen;
- violation of the chair with alternating diarrhea and constipation;
- possible fainting;
- constant low-grade fever, intolerance to high temperatures.
If the main symptom of VSD is the pressure fluctuations with a tendency to its increase, we can assume that flows of VSD on hypertonic type.
Suspect VVD's simple, but to confirm the diagnosis is much more difficult, as there are no objective criteria in this functional pathological state. VSD is a diagnosis of exclusion. A doctor can supply it, just making sure no other organic pathology. Hypertensive variant of the disease first need to exclude essential and symptomatic of hypertension (endocrine, renal, etc.).
The list of mandatory tests:
- laboratory tests of blood and urine;
- Ultrasound of the heart and blood vessels;
- daily monitoring of blood pressure;
- consultation of the oculist and the neurologist to identify lesions of target organs in case of hypertension.
The diagnosis of vegetative-vascular dystonia on hypertonic type is set in the absence of any pathological changes according to the above-described surveys that exclude organic pathology. You should also consider the age of the patients for VSD is usually teenagers and young people.
Treatment of VSD on hypertonic type
All therapeutic measures can be divided into two groups – non-pharmacological and pharmacological.
Non-drug treatment includes:
- correction lifestyle and it is the closest to healthy;
- the development of stress-resistance, sessions with a psychologist;
- therapeutic exercise and General developmental exercises;
- physiotherapy methods are aimed at the General health of the body;
- massage, acupuncture, Chiropractics.
Drug treatment includes:
- sedatives, antidepressants, tranquilizers;
- the nootropic drugs of the series.
- metabolic drugs;
- symptomatic therapy of antihypertensive drugs to reduce pressure, beta-blockers for the elimination of palpitations, etc.
Video transmission about how to get rid of the IRR:
Drug treatment lasts for several months, then you need to use non-drug methods. This will achieve a stable remission of the disease and further complete cure. The main link, as the treatment and prevention is the avoidance of stressful situations and elimination of risk factors in each individual patient.