First aid for stroke brain: urgent and emergency
A stroke of the brain to recognize quite difficult even if you have met him previously. But the speed of recognition depends on not just the patient's health – his life. During the first three hours there is an opportunity to reduce the harm from brain damage, but then complications will only grow in strength.
To learn the stroke in the face
At the time of stroke a person experiences the same feeling as if it was hit hard stone on the head – powerful localized pain obscures the mind. When the victim may think that he is all right, the pain will pass and all will be well. But when a stroke has several characteristic features, by which it is possible to put the preliminary diagnosis in the first moments after the incident:
- If you ask the patient to smile, get the curve of the face with sagging of the cheek and drooping corner of the mouth on one side of the face.
- If you ask to stick out tongue, it will strongly sloping to one side, a curved, sunken in one side.
- If you ask to coherently repeat a simple sentence, the victim will not work – syllables and letters get mixed up, of possible hesitation and error.
- If asked to raise in front of him with both hands, one of them did not move or she would be able to lift more slowly or to a lower altitude.
In a healthy person, all these actions occur rapidly and symmetrically, and the one who suffered a stroke will make mistakes, to fulfill the request slowly and asymmetrically – hand rise not at the same time, the lip will shake and so on. May be a manifestation of just one of the signs of the three, but it is a cause for immediate treatment to the doctor. To solve the problem yourself here is impossible, the task of the maintainers of the victim to support him until the arrival of medical personnel, and to describe in detail all symptoms.
What is a stroke?
Previously, such attacks are called apoplectic stroke is a cerebrovascular accident. It is of two types:
How does a stroke patient?
Almost always when a stroke is present the so-called pain "blow", but there are other symptoms:
What if the person is unconscious
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to conduct simple tests with the protruding tongue or smile – if the man just suffered a stroke and is unconscious, we can only rely on their own ingenuity and efficiency of the ambulance. If unconscious, the patient complained characteristic pain, vomited, and it had no objective reason, and to bring it into the consciousness of their strength fails, you need to immediately call an ambulance and call the medical team. Independently any treatments, especially intensive care, do notneed. The main thing now is to support the patient psychologically and physically:
- If the patient is lying on his back, turning his head to the side, so he suffocated;
- Need mouth with a handkerchief or any other cloth to free of mucus and vomiting;
- If the patient are dentures, they need to be removed;
- Compressing all the items you need to take off or unbutton a collar, tie, scarf, buttons and chains;
- If everything happens in the room, open a window or move a person closer to the source of fresh air;
- To stimulate the outflow of blood from the brain, the head and shoulders should be raised slightly to put them under the books, a folded blanket, small pillow, own hands;
- If the patient has seizures, you need to hold it, not allowing them to hit the floor and surrounding objects;
- Only if the patient has cardiac heart before the ambulance needs to carry out artificial respiration and indirect heart massage.
Unfortunately, in convulsions and unconscious from a stroke should one try to bring the patient into the feeling, giving him a whiff of ammonia, or any other drug. These actions can only worsen his condition.
All the while, until the ambulance arrives, you need to constantly check your pulse and
When he arrived the ambulance
Most importantly for someone who had a stroke – as soon as possible to obtain qualified medical care. Therefore, those who in this moment were in the area, you only need to support the patient and help him. After the ambulance was called, should focus on the patient status, pulse, blood pressure, complexion, degree of ownership of the limbs. But it should say – to encourage, to reassure. In those moments, very much frightened, he hardly speaks with his body and he is confused, he's hurt. Support in these moments is very essential.
After the doctors arrived, you need to accurately and in detail to convey to them over this period, the information. Not the superfluous will mention about chronic diseases and take patient medications, if known. Listing of tests and reactions of the patient will greatly simplify the work of physicians and will save time, but in this situation, every second counts, is able to preserve human life and health.
Typically, the "therapeutic window" during which you can save to the patient stroke, all body functions, called the interval time to three hours. In fact, every minute, because a stroke can lead to cardiac arrest and serious complications, the worst of which is paralysis.
Without the provision of timelymedical care people with stroke may become paralyzed, feeble-minded, incapable of self-care. But what is worse, often those who did not get to the doctor, die.